Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Amazing Race

Just as Tinkerbell, Wheel and I solved the Word Strength puzzle for the day (customized) my phone rang. An unknown number, with a familiar area code appeared. "Hello?" I answered. It was the Art Professor wife. She instructed me to pack my belongings and meet in front of the Arts Center in 15 minutes! I quickly threw my clothes into my bag, as I explained to my roommates that I was leaving to catch a flight in merely 3.5 hours. However, they wouldn't be, instead leaving on a later flight. I departed telling my roommates that I would miss them.


While waiting for my ride to arrive, I met Rafi, a senior on the trip. A few minutes later, the Art Professor and his wife arrived, and we departed for Newark again. After arriving, we found the group members who had already arrived. For the next hour, we fought with Lufthansa to get tickets for the plane. Cutting it very close to our 5:35pm departure, we headed to the security check, and made it through unscathed. At the gate, we discovered that our flight was delayed 45 minutes. While waiting, I received a text, We're here. Looking around, I spotted my former roommates standing at the gate!


- Major

No comments:

Post a Comment